Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Let the Dancing Begin



In January I fantasized about aggressively promoting my March challenge of dancing every day for 5 minutes.  I envisioned it going viral, spreading like wild flowers.  All I need to do is get everyone I know to forward the info to everyone they know and so on and so on and...

And then February came and I totally forgot about Dance-A-Day March.  That is until March 1st, when it suddenly hit me.  Then came the dread. "Do I have to do this?  I don't feel like dancing." 

I don't have to do this.  I don't have to dance.  But then I would be a real fraud wouldn't I?  I set up this challenge for myself and I told people about it.  This means that I really ought to do it.

So, I did it.

And it was fun.

Really fun!

Just five minutes- not even five- it was probably more like three, but it put me in a great mood. 

It takes a bit of self guilt tripping to make me follow through on this missive, but when I do, my inner five year old gets released and I have a blast.

This Dance-A-Day March thing doesn't need to go viral.  It need not sweep across the internet.  But I am thrilled to have people join me.  The fact that there is a tiny community trying on this challenge for themselves makes me feel connected in a really lovely way.  I feel support for this project and supported personally.  Today again, I didn't feel like dancing, but did, and it was good, but not great.  In truth, I really didn't let loose.  I went through the motions.  Then, much later in the day, a friend posted a song to dance to, her five minutes of dancing song.  So I danced to it.

And this time I really danced!


And it was more than fun!  It was fabulous.  I felt as if I were part of a dancing community.  I can't describe how wonderful that feels.

Here is the song I danced to. Have fun with it!




Wishing you balance,

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be a part of the conversation!