Saturday, February 19, 2011

Opening The Heart














Many massage therapists offer couple's massage for Valentine's Day.  Although this is a lovely idea, it is something I have never offered.  I have a solo practice.  Without another therapist with whom to collaborate, a couple's massage would be challenging indeed!  Right now I am imagining myself trying to give two people a massage simultaneously!   Couple's massage fail!

Now that Valentine's Day has passed, I have thought up the perfect idea for a Valentine's session.  Of course! Now I get the idea!   Happily, I am not going to let the fact that Valentine's Day is behind us to go ahead and offer it.

Opening the Heart is a massage session that focuses on all those muscles of the thorax that get so short and tight from all the things we do like computering, driving, carrying things, even cooking and reading.  Those tight muscles round our shoulders forward and collapse our chests.  We literally sink into ourselves.  When we open the sternum, the shoulders and the ribs, we are able to breath more fully and experience more deeply.  Opening the heart opens us to life itself.

I received a note the other day from a client that recently received an Opening the Heart session-

"I think that the work has encouraged me to soften my heart....I feel different." 



Open to Possibiltiy.  Open to Joy.  Open the Heart.

Request an Opening the Heart session, now through the month of March, and pay just $50.00.

Please visit the Body In Balance website for more information on massage and somatics bodywork.


"The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart."  -The Buddha


Wishing you balance,

Nancy

P.S.  Some other resources for opening the heart-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be a part of the conversation!